Sage Creek High School students will enroll in a trimester schedule. Students take five classes per day that meet daily for 70 minutes. Each trimester is twelve weeks long (see Trimester Overview).
The regular school day begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m., with the exception of Wednesdays, which begin at 8:30 a.m.
Following are some of the benefits of the trimester schedule:
- Students can accelerate. As you review the course sequence for Spanish in the below sample schedules, you see that a student can take three years of a world language in two academic years.
- Students can re-take a course and still stay on course to meet high school graduation requirements.
- Students can have an "Off-Roll" period (i.e., "late-start" or "early release"). This is a great opportunity for athletes who need to depart school before the last period of the day is over for games during their designated season.
- Students can explore various electives and/or take additional core classes.
- Students can graduate high school with 300 credits. The Carlsbad Unified School District high school requirement is 230 credits.
|Academic Year||Credit Earning Potential|