Welcome to Sage Creek High School! I am so proud to be a Bobcat. This is my 11th year teaching, my FOURTH at Sage Creek. I couldn't be more excited to watch this first class leave their legacy.
I am passionate about helping students reach their potential, pushing them to use the content in our class to empower them academically and socially. I firmly believe that the books we read and the discussions we have directly correlate to the type of adult each student will be. That being said, I have high expectations for what you can accomplish in this school year. In my class, we work hard. But working hard is a GOOD thing! I hope you find value in pushing yourself, wherever you're at, growing in every capacity. I believe that reading has potential to transform how you think, how well you think, and the decisions you make in the future. On that note, one of my big goals is to help you find the JOY in reading!
I am excited to continue to be a part of the amazing Sage Creek family.
Sage Creek High School - Carlsbad, CA - 2013- Present
- Courses taught: English I and 2 CP and Honors
- Member, School Site Council (2013- present)
- English Department Chair (2014-present)
- Staff Technology Coach (2014-2015)
- Teacher of the Year, 2016
Creekside High School - Irvine, CA - 2012- 2013
- Courses taught: World Lit; Composition, Communication and Literature
- Authored and received grant for high-interest novels
- Member, School Site Council
Hesperia High School - Hesperia, CA - 2007-2012
- Courses taught: English I CP/Honors, English II CP/Honors, AVID, Reading
- English I Team Lead, 2008-2010
- AVID Coordinator, 2009-2012
- ASB Class Advisor, 2008-2010
- WASC Focus Group Leader, 2008-2012
Maranatha High School - Pasadena, CA - 2006-2007
- Courses taught: English I, Spanish I
- B.A. English - Azusa Pacific University, 2006
- M.A. Education - Azusa Pacific University, 2011
- Single Subject Teaching Credential (English), 2007